If you are a Movistar + user, you will surely already know that in addition to viewing the content of your package directly on your television through your decoder; it also allows you to view said content from other devices such as mobile or PC. In my case, in which I travel constantly, the option of being able to watch series, movies and television channels through my phone or laptop is something really useful and comfortable.
Related: How to share a Google Chorme tab on ChromeCast
For example, when I travel or when I am at a friend’s house and I want to enjoy Movistar Plus content on television, I only have to access the film or series through the official website. However, this is when doubts arise, at the outset we would have 2 options: 1) Use the HDMI cable that connects your laptop with the TV or 2) use Chromecast to transmit the movistar movie or series wirelessly on your television.
In my case, I prefer to use Chromecast since I don’t need to use any cables. To use this method, as is evident, we will need the Chromecast device and use the Google Chrome Web browser. But even so, you may find some problem that prevents the use of Movistar + on your TV using Chromecast.
The main drawback is that when we play a movie, series or TV channel on Movistar + from your computer with Google Chrome, it is played in a pop-up window, which lacks all the functions and options of the Chrome browser. This makes it impossible to send Movistar + content from your browser to the TV using ChromeCast.
This does not mean that we cannot use Chromecast to watch Movistar + content from your PC on your TV. If you want to know how to do it, below you will find the specific guide:
How to send Movistar Plus movies and series from your PC to your TV with Chromecast.
– The first thing to do is open the Google Chrome Web browser, where you will have to go to the official Movistar + website to view content from your PC. Just click on the following link: http://ver.movistarplus.es/
– Here you will have to log in with your user account for which, you should have previously requested your movistar plus credentials. If you have not done so yet, we recommend reading the following Post: How to activate and obtain the Movistar login keys.
– Once logged in, you only have to locate the content (TV channel, movie or series). When it is located and we are in front of the green button: Watch now; we must hold down the key CTRL at the same time we click on that button (See Now).
– This will cause the Movistar Plus player to open in a new Google Chrome tab instead of in a pop-up window. This will give you access to the send option by simply clicking on the icon in the form of three vertical dots in the upper right and selecting the option Send… in the drop-down menu.
– The small search window for your Chromecast device will automatically open (the Chromecast must be connected to the TV and the Wi-Fi network). Once the device is found, you only have to select it to check how the Movistar + content is automatically displayed directly on the TV.
– In some content, mainly movies and TV channels; Instead of using the CTRL key, you can right click on the green button: View Now. This will display a menu in which you can use the option: Open link in a new tab.
– This will make the movistar plus player open in a new tab of the Chrome Web browser and therefore make use of the send option to send the movie or channel to your TV, via Chromecast.
Leave a Reply