Google Chrome has received its latest update, specifically version 74 and with it some important changes. For example now when we close our Chrome browser, it will be running in the background. The proof of them is that when we close the Google Chrome browser, you will see how the icon of that program continues to be displayed in the Windows 10 system tray.
Related: How to enable Flash Play question in Chrome
Until now, when we closed our Google Chrome browser, it closed completely without continuing to execute any element related to the browser and I know that no resources from your computer were consumed in executing them. Well now this has changed and by default the background execution of Google Chrome is activated so that certain extensions or applications continue to run.
Running in the background of Google Chrome allows not only the execution of certain browser functions in the background, but it will also allow you to reopen the browser in a much faster way since many of those resources are already running.
Fortunately, while Chrome’s background running feature is enabled by default, users can quickly and easily disable it. That said, below we show you step by step how to disable the background execution of Google Chrome in Windows.
Option 1: How to disable the background execution of Google Chrome from the Settings.
– Open your Chrome browser and click on the icon in the form of three parallel stripes in the upper right part of the interface.
– This will open a menu in which you will have to select the configuration option.
– Within the configuration scroll down until you find and select the option: Advanced Configuration.
– Once the new configuration options are displayed you will have to scroll down to the section: System
– Under it you will find the option: Keep running apps in the background when closing Google Chrome.
– Deactivate the switch next to this option to check how now when you close the Chrome browser, it does it completely.
Option 2: How to disable the background execution of Google Chrome from the system tray.
– Click on the arrow icon located on the right side of the Windows taskbar.
– When the system tray opens, you will have to click with the right mouse button on the Google Chrome icon.
– In the context menu uncheck the option: Allow Google Chrome to run in the background.