The latest versions of the Google Chrome web browser incorporate a function that is not known to many users called: Tabs Groups. This function is not activated by default and therefore the user needs to activate it manually through the flags of the Google Chrome browser (Advanced configuration).
Related: Open Google search results in a new Chrome tab
Grouping tabs in the Google Chrome browser can help you organize yourself better, especially if you tend to have many tabs open in your browser. But this is not all since in addition to grouping tabs into groups, you can also configure a specific color for each of the groups and thus be able to identify the tab groups in a much faster and more convenient way.
For example, you can create groups of tabs with the websites that you do not need to constantly view but that you want to have open in your browser. Another appropriate use of tab groups in Chrome can be to group tabs from closely related websites.
That said, below we show you step by step how to activate groups of tabs in Google Chrome, create groups of tabs in Chrome or configure a color in the groups of tabs in Chrome:
How to activate group of tabs in Google Chrome
– Open your Google Chrome browser and access the flags (Advanced Configuration) by entering the following in the URLs field:
– Once in the advanced configuration you will have to enter the term in the search field: Tab Groups
– When the option is displayed in the search results you must click on the drop-down menu and select the option: Enable
– Now you will have to click on the blue button: Relaunch
– This will restart your Google Chrome browser.
How to create groups of tabs in Google Chrome
– Right click on one of the open tabs in your browser and select the option “Add to a New Group”.
– This will create a new group of tabs which includes the selected tab.
– Now you can add any other tab to this group by right clicking on a tab and selecting the option “Add to an existing group“and select the group you want to add it to.
– If you want to remove a tab from a group of tabs, you can right-click on the tab that is included in a group and select the option “Remove from group”.
How to name and customize the color of a group of tabs in Google Chrome.
– To name and color a group of tabs in Google Chrome you must click on the icon in the shape of a circle shown before the group of tabs.
– This will show a small window in which you can provide a name to the group of tabs as well as the color you want said group of tabs to have.
– To save the changes you just have to click anywhere else on the screen and that’s it.
– Now the Chrome tab group will have a specific name as well as a custom color.
Leave a Reply