Surely on some occasion you have visited several websites in your Google Chrome browser and suddenly one of these websites begins to play. So when we want to silence it, we must go to the Chrome tab that we want to silence and here pause the video or element that plays sound. Now Chrome has introduced a new playback control available from the common and general browser interface.
Related: How to activate the new Chrome extensions menu
The new multimedia playback controls in Google Chrome will allow you to control the video or audio playback of any open tab of your browser without having to go to the tab that plays it. These playback controls are part of the stable version of Chrome 77 however these controls are disabled by default.
This feature is hidden behind an experimental flag. However, it should be noted that Google may change its mind and begin to offer the playback controls activated by default in the new versions of the Chrome browser.
The playback controls that we can show in the Google Chrome browser interface, password of a Play / Pause button. That said, below we want to show you step by step how to activate and use the new playback controls of the Google Chorme browser:
How to activate the media playback buttons in the toolbar in Google Chrome
– The first thing we will have to do is open Chrome to line followed by entering the following address in the URLs field:
– Once on the Flags screen, the Global Media Control option will appear among the search results.
– Next to this option you will have to click on the drop-down menu next to the option shown and configured as: Activated (Enable).
– Finally you will have to click on the Relaunch Now button.
– After restarting the browser, the multimedia playback buttons from which you can control the videos and audios of any open tab from the Chrome interface.
How to use the new media playback buttons in Google Chrome
– The multimedia control button will only appear on the interface when any of the open tabs begin to play a video or sound. For example, the buttons will appear when you watch YouTube videos or play music on Spotify Web.
– To use the playback controls, you will simply have to click the button.
– This will display the name of the media that is playing along with a Play / Pause button and the Back and Forward buttons.
– If there are multiple tabs that are playing different things, you will see separate controls for each of the tabs that are actively playing media at that precise moment.
– The Play / Pause button works even if the media is played in another Chrome browser window. Even if you have several tabs and browser windows open, it is now much easier to control multimedia playback from one place.
Leave a Reply